Tuesday, February 15, 2011

The Colonel called



I left Andrew to do the planning for all of the trip's logistics. All I had to do was put all expenses on my credit card. But that is neitha heaah no theeaah. I was thinking I may get some rather cheap hotel, that probably had an internet connection so I could at least stay up with some email, etc. while the Big Kat slept off his bourbon dreams. Nope, I get a link to a place called the "Chapeze" house, with a request to book two nights and schedule a dinner/tasting. Here's what I read on the site:

The Bourbon Tasting shrine in Kentucky is Chapeze House, "Kentucky's Home for Bourbon" in Bardstown, Kentucky. Chapeze House, built in 1787, is a beautiful Federalist mansion and one of the great historic places for Bourbon Tasting in Kentucky.

Kentucky Colonel Michael and Margaret Sue Masters, the proprietors of Chapeze House, are famous Kentucky personalities well known for their ultra-premium Bourbon Tastings and exquisite dinners at Chapeze House.


I go ahead and go online and immediately book the place. I then get a call from the Colonel himself. He says, "This is the Colonel, thanks for choosin our place to stay. Can I get you down for a dinna and a tastin? The dinna is real good, and the bourbon tastin...well..he he....well that just fuuuun." I say hell yeah. He says, "What time you comin in?" I say, this is for Thursday right? And he says, "What? not today?......." Then ole Margaret Sue gets on the line and straightens out the reservation. As we are hanging up I hear her say, "He apologized... "


OK. WOAH. I apparently let the reservation page refresh or something so I had the current date in instead of thurs. Apparently that pissed off the Colonel. The question now is, will he hold a grudge??? I mean, I'm not your typical looking Kentuckyian or anything, so I'm a bit nervous.


I think I'm going to need AC to work his charm with the Colonel and warm him up so that he doesn't make it a short dinna and worst, a "not fuuuuuuun tastin."

He probably will also raise a brow when us two Yankees show up requesting their Millstone Cottage....

4 comments:

  1. I bet when you two pull up in that pseudo-stationwagon of yours, I bet the Colonel says to his wife "Ohh looky heeere, looks like we got ourselves a couple of Kansas City faggots"

    ReplyDelete
  2. By the time Andrew is done with the colonel, he will be begging to be involved in a 3 way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i sense a "Harold & Kumar" type situation....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Could this be a situation like the Santa Clause where AC shows up and the Colonel tells him he is dying and that only Andrew can take the place of the Colonel. So AC becomes the new colonel?

    ReplyDelete